Dec 10, 2008, 10:00 AM EDT
No, Penn state does not have a bye week, but it sure does feel like it. The Nittany Lions return home to Beaver Stadium to play Tony Romo's Alma mater, Eastern Illinois, for the first time in history. Penn state should cruise to a victory today and you can take a break from the Phillies post season run today to soak it in on ESPN Classic – although this game should hardly be a "classic".
Penn State found their running game last week at Illinois, a game in which both Stephfon Green and Evan royster passed the century mark on the ground. Quarterback Daryll Clark saw his consecutive game with a touchdown streak come to an end but he did chip in with a pair of touchdown runs himself.
Eastern Illinois is not a total pushover. They are coming off their first defeat of the season to Eastern Kentucky and are ranked in the top 25 of the FCS ranks. But no matter what kind of adrenaline rush they start off with today, Penn State still has the advantage in every facet of the game.
So for those of you looking to kill some time before tonight's late first pitch for the Phillies in Colorado, feel free to leave a comment during the Penn State game.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money