May 18, 2006, 12:06 PM EDT
According to the Inky:
People want to watch Phillies lefthander Cole Hamels. His debut Friday night against the Cincinnati Reds on Comcast SportsNet drew a 7.7 rating, the highest rating for a Phillies game on the cable channel since July 4, 2001, for a game against the New York Yankees.
People are excited about the Phillies for the first time in a long while. Winning makes it easy for fans to jump on the wagon.
Hamels takes the mound this afternoon against the Brew Crew to try to get the Phillies back on track after a two game skid.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money