Jul 9, 2008, 10:14 AM EST
The big stat being thrown around right now is that since sweeping the Braves in early June, the Phillies have gone a putrid 9-17. Three of those wins came in another sweep of our only bitch nowadays, the Bravos. Their woes are many, but the most glaring of late is their inability to score. Last night, should-be All-Star Cole Hamels put in another strong outing, going seven innings and allowing only two ER on three hits, two of which were solo blasts.
The Phillies gave exactly zero run support, and we can’t point to the outstanding pitching they’re facing anymore. This was Joel Pineiro. Nothing against Joel, but this Phillies lineup should be able to hang at least four on him. And to cap it off, they got closed out by Ryan Franklin.
But help is on the way…
Via Chamomiles over at The Fightins’,
we learned yesterday that Alyssa Milano will be down at the park
tomorrow—something about selling clothes that she looks totally hot in,
we’re not sure. Go ahead and soak in that picture up there for a bit
though. Ms. Milano, who has long been quite the avid baseball fan, was
also a guest of Mikey Miss yesterday. Check it out here.
So despite the Mets ascent up the mediocre NL East’s standings, Carlos
Ruiz’s penchant for the ol’ GIDP, and the fact that the most definitive
power hitter we’ve ever seen tried to BUNT on last night (second time this season!), we still have
something to look forward to come Thursday.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return