Jan 18, 2007, 12:22 PM EDT
It took great will power to refrain from using a Big Lebowski quote in the title of this post. An interesting tidbit in USA Today points out that Philadelphia is a haven for golfers.
With 12 months of golfing left in the New Year, not everyone is planning a trip to Pebble Beach or Scotland. Some are looking for bargains closer to home. Few are as fortunate as those who live in the Philadelphia area, which offers one of the best deals in golf, and where, weather permitting, many hard core locals tee it up year round. GolfPhilly turn’s the city’s municipal courses into a virtual country club, offering privileges at not one, not two, not three, but a whopping six different courses for less than most country clubs charge for one.
Who knew? I’m not a golfer. Obviously.
>>Is Philadelphia golf the best buy in 2007? [USA Today]
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return