Jan 18, 2007, 12:22 PM EDT
It took great will power to refrain from using a Big Lebowski quote in the title of this post. An interesting tidbit in USA Today points out that Philadelphia is a haven for golfers.
With 12 months of golfing left in the New Year, not everyone is planning a trip to Pebble Beach or Scotland. Some are looking for bargains closer to home. Few are as fortunate as those who live in the Philadelphia area, which offers one of the best deals in golf, and where, weather permitting, many hard core locals tee it up year round. GolfPhilly turn’s the city’s municipal courses into a virtual country club, offering privileges at not one, not two, not three, but a whopping six different courses for less than most country clubs charge for one.
Who knew? I’m not a golfer. Obviously.
>>Is Philadelphia golf the best buy in 2007? [USA Today]
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money