Mar 28, 2006, 9:00 PM EDT
I commented in passing about the Phillies new marketing campaign of "Red Means Go" a few weeks ago. The latest attempt to get some attention around the club before their season opener on Monday was to dump the Phanatic in a giant can of red paint while at the Philadelphia Zoo on Monday. When he came out, the Phanatic was no longer his patented green but rather a hue usually reserved for Brett Myers after a bad call.
That’s fine, whatever, we all know the Phillies marketing campaigns are historically horrific. Where I draw the line though is when they try to convince poor young children that the Phanatic is a bird.
If the Phanatic were to reside at the zoo, where would that be?
"The Phanatic has feathers on his tail, so we’ve always assumed the
Phanatic is a bird, which means the Phanatic would probably live in the
bird cage," Hammell said.
The Phillie Phanatic is not a goddamn bird. Misleading the young children of Philadelphia is a travesty.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return