May 10, 2006, 10:06 AM EDT
It was a crazy ending to a great game. BS&S did a live blog and Beerleauger called it the most thrilling game of the season bar none. Billy Wagner never entered the game but the fans above the bullpen didn’t let him get away without some Philly treatment. Last nights game marked the first time this season the Mets lost when Pedro took the mound.
The word going around is that Cole Hamels could make his debut this Friday.
The Phillies are hot.
The NYTimes also thinks that Phillies fans are complete morons. Please.
The locals were here mainly to boo Billy Wagner, the left-handed closer who left the Phillies for the Mets in the off-season. But they also recognized that Wagner was probably not going to pitch unless the Mets were ahead late in the game. What to do? Root for an appearance by Wagner? Or pull for a Phillies victory?
Go back up 95.
|JOn on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|ochospantalones on Tonight: Hollywood Hamels|
|ryanvenson on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money