Jun 8, 2005, 12:22 AM EDT
That’s a headline you have never seen before. The Phillies played the Texas Rangers for the first time on Tuesday night and came away with a win. Lieber pitched well enough to get the win going 6.2 and giving up 4 earned. While Lieber got his third straight win, he looked shaky at times giving up 2 Homers in the fourth.
In a line up move pleasing to the Phillies faithful, Charlie Manuel went with Polanco at third and Utley at second. Both players contributed to the win at the plate. Placido had 3 RBIs while Utley drove in a run. Abreu is a machine, going 2 for 5 with 2 runs and 2 RBIs. If he doesn’t start in the All Star game, it will be a joke. Go vote now.
In a move which seemed to rub the fans the wrong way, Charlie Manuel elected to keep Cormier in to bat with the bases loaded and two outs in the bottom of the seventh. I am not going to argue with Cholly on this one, I am not really sure what I would have liked him to do in this situation, so I will go along with the fact that it turned out to be the right move, so I won’t argue with it. Philly fans lived up to their rep of jumping the gun on this one. Billy Wags did his thing for the 15th time this year. Phils take dollar dogs to the bank.
The NL East is hot. Four of the Five teams won last night to keep the standings in check. The Marlins lost to grow lonely at the bottom of the ocean. In a game which pleased my New York Mets friend, Pedro pitched a gem, flirting with a no-no late. I’ve always liked Pedro and think Bostonians treated him poorly on his way out.
You may have noticed some minor site upkeep. Just fixed up some stuff. Shuffled around. There are some Photo Albums now at the bottom left and a new ad top right, check out Dufunker and buy a tee shirt.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return