Jun 22, 2005, 10:54 AM EDT
There were two good things at last nights Phillies v. Mets game and one of them was the free Jimmy Rollins figurine I got. The game was by far the most crowded I have seen CBP this season. They reported it as a sell out and the biggest walk up crowd in ball park history. This was good and bad. Part of the reason was the great showing of Mets fans. They are loud and obnoxious much like Philly fans. I actually saw a number of Phillies fans (I’m presuming, they were wearing Eagles gear and doing.. Eagles chants) get kicked out of the section I was sitting in for.. get this.. "using foul language"? That was a bit surprising to me.
What else was horrible? The traffic. Along with 43,500 people come a lot of cars. The traffic was so bad it almost wish I had stayed home to watch the game. The combo of roadwork on 95 and 476 was brutal.
And yes, the Phillies played the Mets and lost 8-5. Brett Myers never got into his groove. I think the balk which he was called for early on really got him flustered. Even after being down early, the Phils got back in it and were only down one when Uggie came in to give up 2 more. 3 runs down is a whole lot harder to dig out of than 1 run down. The Phils never mounted a final run at the Mets and lost the series opener.
What was the other good thing that came out of the night? Aaron Fultz doing a Superman dive head first into home plate. That guy moved up about 6 notches on the like-ability scale. Cheers to Fultz.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return