Apr 28, 2005, 9:40 AM EST
Everyone has their favorites, and as stated previously, I’m a big Jimmy Rollins fan. There was a pitching duel in D.C. yesterday between Brett Myers and Esteban Loaiza which went scoreless until the 9th inning.
I sat down last night after work at about 7:00 PM, cracked open a cold one, and turned the game on to watch tonight’s match up in D.C. As soon as I turn the T.V. on I realize the Phillies are off to an early 1-0 lead, but then I see its the ninth inning??? Little did I know it was a 4:30 start. Oh well, I turned it on right after my boy Jimmy Rollins led off the 9th with a long ball to take a 1-0 lead over the Nats. I think I will call them the Nats from now on if we beat them and the Nationals if they beat us.
Jimmy Rollins ended the Phillies scoreless innings streak and set the table for Billy Wagner to do his job. Billy came through.
If you are wondering what a Phillies game at RFK is like in D.C., Tom G. of Balls, Sticks, and Stuff gives a nice little recap of the experience.
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return