May 24, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
The minor mid-season trade and/or mid-summer Pedro-Martinez-like pickup seems inevitable every season with the Phillies. The roster that starts the season on opening day is usually tweaked in some way by the time the fall comes around. The first real rumblings of the Phillies having their eye on another team's player hit the Internet yesterday with reports that one of the Chicago White Sox's relievers could tickle the Phillies' fancy.
Phillies are among a couple of teams looking at the Chicago White
Sox and trying to project which players will be available if the the
White Sox don't get back into the American League Central race over the
next few weeks. One top Philadelphia scout was looking at the White Sox
this week, concentrating on closer Bobby
The report also mentions former Mets' reliever J.J. Putz as a pitcher the Phillies could be targeting. Putz's salary of $3m makes him a bit more affordable than Jenks who earns $7.5m this season.
I think it's fair to be worried about about whether or not Brad Lidge will ever get totally healthy this season. If he's not on the 'pen to help you later in the season, they're going to need to find a reliable arm somewhere.
The White Sox are currently 7 games under .500 and 7.5 games back from the division leading Twins.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money