Jun 22, 2005, 11:30 PM EDT
Tonight was a beautiful evening for baseball and the Phillies bounced back from their poor showing last night to beat the Mets 8-4. CBP didn’t seem as crowded as the previous night, people must really love having those 6 inch figurines on their mantle, but it appeared to be another sellout. For the second straight night there were Piazza jerseys all over the place, but tonight, they kept their mouths shut for most of the evening.
Jim Thome came out of a funk to hit a solo shot deep to right field which put the Phillies up 2-1 after five. Big time props to Robinson Tejeda for another great outing. You couldn’t have really asked much more from this guy so far. He went six solid innings allowing only 3 hits and 1 earned run.
The Mets tied the game in the top of the seventh when Madson got into some trouble, but the Phillies got out of a jam and took the lead back in the bottom of the seventh. Everyone’s favorite Phillie came up with the go ahead single, scoring Thome, and the runs kept coming. (short video clip I took of Thome scoring after the jump.)
Lieberthal actually knocked in a runner in scoring position and after a few walks Kenny Lofton came up with the bases loaded.
I like this picture because you can see Lofton running out of the batters box and the 3 Phillies on the bases on the move. All 3 would eventually score and Lofton would have a double. He has been playing very well lately and I’d like to give him some props.
Ugueth looked shaky giving up another longball and Wagner completed the game. It never seems he can have a low pitch inning though.
This picture features the Dirty "The Camera Loves Me" Bird Man giving the thumbs up after Lofton cleared the bases. In a post game interview the DBM was quoted as saying, "You better tell everyone on your site that my record is now 10-1 at Phillies games this season." These facts could nither be proven nor disproven.
My season total is now at 7-3 (I believe) after last night’s loss and tonight’s win. In a phone interview with the loyal Mets fanatic, Bryan from Garden City Park when asked about his thoughts on the Mets loss tonight responded, "Mets need to play better."
Here is the promised video of Utley knocking in the go ahead run. Right click and "Save As." Notice the person who jumps in front of the camera. Download MOV00822.MPG
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money