Sep 15, 2005, 12:26 AM EDT
Phils Win 12-4. That is three straight over the Braves. The BRAVES. The crowds at CBP have been among all time lows for the new ball park. Should be interesting to see how many fans they get out tonight for the possible sweep.
So I turn the game on, watch for a little bit, then Ramon Martinez comes up to bat with bases loaded and I say, "what the hell is Ramon Martinez doing playing?" and about 30 seconds later he hits a Grand Slam. Charlie knows best? eh. Lucky swing. Way to go Ramon.
The Phillies have been on fire at the plate. Everybody seems to be hitting the ball lately. Bobby even made a stellar play in the outfield! Maybe they do have a chance?
Also noteworthy: Andruw Jones’ 300th home run was the longest shot I ever recall seeing at CBP. It was basically 10 feet from landing in Harry the K’s second level bar. BOMB.
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|Sid on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
|E-money on The Secret Service once threat…|
|rich on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money