Apr 22, 2005, 11:38 AM EDT
Great win for the Phillies yesterday. Lieber has really stepped forward and shut up all of the doubters, myself included, who thought he wasn’t a legitimate number one starter. If the Phillies lost two to the Rockies it could have turned into a real bad down turn. They came back from being down in the later innings and got Jim Thome’s long ball out of the closet. The Phillies move on to Atlanta for a weekend series.
You have to get excited about playoff basketball. Although Philly fans may have not been on board all season with the Sixers, they will definitely amp it up for playoff hoops with the Answer asking for noise. The Pistons are formidable defending Champs led by the Trade away as much as I can then ditch you for a ready made champ Larry Brown. It should be exciting if nothing else.
Tip off 3:00 PM in Detroit – ESPN Series
Philadelphia, as we all know is an Eagles town. There are the Phillies faithful and those die hard Flyers fans. But collectively, Philadelphia bleeds green. That is why the biggest news of the weekend will likely revolve around tomorrow’s draft day. It’s crazy how the Eagles can command so much of the attention of a town. Putting an elite team on the field year after year doesn’t hurt. (note to Ed Wade: elite teams don’t just "compete" for division titles, they win them.
With their 13 picks, the Eagles have endless possibilities and I will leave the guessing up to the Mel Kiper’s of the world. I would love to see a move for Darren Howard of the Saints, which many sources have been reporting could be likely. Chris Mortenson reported yesterday that the Eagles could do a deal for
him; he also reported the Eagles are likely to be the most active team
due to their 13 picks.
I think it is safe to say my prediction is meaningless, but here is what I’ll guess. The Eagles will get a deal done with Baltimore to ship Corey Simon off and the cap space and picks acquired will allow them to get Howard from the Saints. They will somehow select an O-Lineman and Matt Jones in the first round. So the biggest impact players will be a high O-Lineman and WR along with Howard. they will use their 3rd-5ths for a LB, S, and RB in no particular order.
Sorry, I’m rambling. What do you think?
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money