Jul 5, 2011, 10:50 PM EDT
Cole Hamels and the Phillies cruised to a 14-2 victory over the Marlins on Tuesday night. That was good for the most runs they’ve put up in any game this season. Cole Hamels catching a liner in his banged up glove hand and Dom Brown making a dangerous dive were the only real stressful moments, and those lasted a few seconds.
Otherwise, the Phillies bats bombed Chris Volstad and his subsequent replacements. Not a whole lot of analysis needed in this one. Just look at the numbers:
Jimmy Rollins: 4 hits, 3 runs scored
Michael Martinez: 3 RBIs, 2 runs scored
Chase Utley: Only one lousy hit, what a bum
Ryan Howard: 4 hits, 4 RBIs, 3 runs scored
Raul Ibanez: 4 hits, 4 RBIs, 2 runs scored
Carlos Ruiz: 1 hit, 1 run
Dom Brown: 2 hits, a RBI, and a run scored
Wilson Valdez: 1 hit, 2 RBIs
Cole Hamels failed to notch a hit at the plate, but he limited the Marlins to only 2 runs scored on 8 hits and pitched pretty comfortably through 8 strong innings.
What was that you were saying a couple of weeks ago about the Phillies offense being so putrid?
Kyle Kendrick goes for the sweep tomorrow.
|Tom on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|thekrisheim on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|philsoc8 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|psudrozz on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return