Jan 18, 2010, 10:25 PM EDT
We've written about the connection between Phish and Philly sports fans many times in the past, but this video of Trey appearing on Comcast SportsNet's "The Orange Line" talking about the Spectrum is some of the best proof yet how much Trey loves the Flyers. The footage features of Trey rocking the Mike Richards Winter Classic jersey at their shows this past December. The segment seems to indicate that it was from Phish's final shows at the Spectrum, but it was actually from their most recent shows at the Wachovia Center.
Trey talks fondly about watching the Broad Street Bullies teams as a 12-year-old kid and being there to see Reggie Leach score his 50th goal. "Despite all the concerts and all of the events, that I've played and that I've seen, I think that the Stanley Cup Flyers team owns that room. To me, it's their room. Regardless of what was going on in there, that group of guys built that place. That period in time, the Broad Street Bullies, I was a young kid, I played hockey, I remember the parade. They were my all time heroes," Anastasio said.
I'd say a certain Doctor deserves a spot right alongside them.
It ends with Trey trying to pump up the current team as a Stanley Cup contender. With the way they've been playing, that of course remains to be seen. [video below]
>>Previously: Trey Remembers the Spectrum
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money