Feb 4, 2011, 10:50 AM EDT
“I was kind of disappointed nobody puked.”
One sentence overheard while walking out of Wing Bowl 19 kind of sums up the experience. They say it’s the kind of thing you should do once in your life. And then you should go home and use some heavy duty Lava soap for a few hours to scrub off that feeling.
There are fat men, there are scantily clad women, there is beer, there is tailgating before 4:00 am. And this year there were porn stars like Ron Jeremy, Mary Carey, and Katie Morgan. And a really skinny asian man eating a cheesesteak in ridiculous time, only to flash his abs Situation-style after setting a new record.
People show up early, drink in the parking lot, drink in the Wells Fargo Center, see some half naked women, cheer for some fat dudes eating, then maybe they continue the party at a local strip joint once the party in South Philly is over.
“Where you going after this is over,” one attendee asked one of the people putting on the event?
“I think I’m going to hell.”
But probably to Delilah’s first. [photo gallery below]
As for the final winner? Super Squibb outlasted El Wingador to win it by eating 255 chicken wings.
Perhaps the highlight (er, most interesting moment of the event?) of the morning was Kobayashi setting a new record by inhaling a cheesesteak in 24 seconds to demolish the old record. Numerous attendees in the crowd vowed to head directly to Pat’s and Geno’s following the completion of the event to challenge that number.
Outfits were both plentiful and almost nonexistent. Perhaps my favorite “costume” of the day was part of a float dubbed “Mound Rushmore” (more on that later) with a representative for each of the Phillies pitchers built into a mountain on a float. They also had a wingette wearing a uniform for each pitcher. Oswalt got confused and is kind of out in left field in this photo.
There were also a number of… “celebrity wingettes” (?) such as porn star Mary Carey who accompanied Damaging Doug who looked like he was going to spew a few times.
Mary was also there to console Doug when he was eliminated. Nice lady.
Did we mention there was a wing eating competition?
Ron Jeremy performed the National Anthem on a kazoo. Talented man.
And just some LADIES OF WING BOWL:
And perhaps my favorite photo from Wing Bowl 19.
And they all lived drunkily ever after.
look for a video later…
|Jay D on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|willh888 on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|galasso2586 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|psudrozz on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return