Jun 2, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s starting to look a lot like a U.S. Open.
Two weeks from today, the USGA will crown it’s 2013 U.S. Open champion at Merion.
And one week from today — well, really next Monday — the week-long event kicks off with the start of practice rounds and the opening of the U.S. Open Experience (a big merchandise tent and some other exhibits) at Independence Mall.
Tournament play goes from Thursday, June 13 – Sunday, June 16.
Often mentioned over the last few months was the logistical challenge of bringing an event as large as the U.S. Open to a site as small as Merion. Well, the USGA posted these photos to its Facebook page on Friday, allowing you an early look at some of the setup on the clubhouse-side of Ardmore Ave.
All credit for photos and captions below to Charlie Howe and the USGA:
We’ll have some (typically rare) golf content here on TheLevel leading up to and throughout U.S. Open week. Who’s got tickets?
|duffman on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|ochospantalones on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return