Jul 31, 2007, 12:08 PM EST
Shane Victorino and Michael Bourn got banged up last night. Vic is getting an MRI while Bourn is getting an X-Ray. Say your prayers people. Even if you pray to John From Cincy, it surely can’t hurt.
Bill Conlin wrote a column this morning — we enjoyed! — arguing that the Phillies shouldn’t even think about trading Bourn.
When I went to bed last night, I planned to pray for the safety of
our servicemen and women in the hellholes of the world, for the health
of my family and for general manager Pat Gillick to not trade Michael Bourn and his wonderful, intimidating speed for some back-of-the-rotation
turkey or front-of-the-bullpen punching bag. I understand there are
compelling economic reasons to deal Aaron Rowand, who has hit himself
into an expensive free-agent neighborhood. But there is no compelling reason
to deal a young outfielder with speed on loan from God just to make a
treading water, "See, we did something,” sideways deal.
So, Mr Gillick, stand pat. Or something. And let’s all keep our fingers crossed for Vic and Bourn.
>>Bourn to Run [Inqy]
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
|bulldogmomanne on Before This Week, the Most Un-…|
|BirdGangT on With $13 million guaranteed, J…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return