Jan 30, 2006, 12:16 AM EDT
Here’s how it goes: The long-suffering Adrian – the girl Rocky met
in the Kensington pet shop in the original – is dead. Rocky owns a
restaurant in South Philadelphia. He’s pals with Adrian’s brother
Paulie (Burt Young), but he’s distant from his son, Rocky Jr. (played
by Milo Ventimiglia), who goes by Robert as he lives the yuppie life in
He’s friendly with Marie – played by Geraldine Hughes – who was a kid in the first Rocky. She’s a single mother living on the edge of poverty.
The world has changed, but Rocky hasn’t.
The line from the article that is begging for riducule: "If 1976′s Rocky was a story for the ages, Rocky Balboa is a story for the aging." I feel like Rocky Balboa is begging for the Internet to rip the new film, but I can’t find it in me to make fun of Rocky. He ended the cold war single-handed for Christ’s sake.
Here’s to hoping the movie is decent and if all else fails it sure seems like they are doing a lot of the filming in Philly. There is a new photo up over at the Rocky blog, not nearly as exciting as the last one of Rocky in the ring.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money