Apr 24, 2008, 5:55 AM EDT
The losses are always tougher when you’re just a few outs away before the game slips from your grasp. Last night’s game with the Brewers went back and forth but the Phils had the lead with Cole Hamels on the mound going in to the 8th. They didn’t have it once the inning ended.
You can all play armchair manager in replaying Charlie Manuel’s decision to leave Hamels in to face Prince Fielder who had homered earlier in the game but Uncle Cholly stuck with his man. And lost the game. Fielder hit his second homer of the night of Hamels and the Phils couldn’t come back yet again in the ninth despite So Taguchi getting himself to third base with only one out.
Chase Utley and Pat Burrell continued down the path to righteousness while Ryan Howard continued to strike out a lot. Video highlights below including Kruker’s love of taters.
Notes: Geoff Jenkins got a nice little welcome back to the ballpark he played in for years. [ESPN Photo]
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money