Nov 8, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
We grant you a brief reprieve from the non-stop news of death, child abuse and class warfare between the rich and hyper-rich to bring you a tiny bit of “good news.”
CSN’s Tim Panaccio is reporting that Chris Pronger “appears likely” to return to the ice this Wednesday evening against the Tampa Bay Lightning. The captain has been sidelined for the Flyers’ last six games after taking an errant stick blade to the eye.
Pronger refused to confirm the report—citing his conditioning as what’s “holding him back”— but Panaccio makes it clear that a return is imminent.
Though the Flyers suffered lapses on defense immediately after his loss, the team has since righted itself, winning three of its last four and earning points in all four of its opportunities.
Unrelated to his injury, the ongoing story of strife between the team and its beat writers may have continued today when Pronger stepped away briefly from his interview, only to return wearing a shirt that bore the slogan: “Go Screw Yourself.”
How wonderfully Pronger.
The Flyers are scheduled to travel to Tampa for their first meeting of the season with the Lightning tomorrow evening. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
|Tom on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|thekrisheim on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|philsoc8 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|psudrozz on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return