Sep 5, 2005, 10:34 PM EDT
Tonight’s game was the first in a pivotal series against the Astros. With their win tonight, Houston moved into the lead in the wild card race.
Brett Myers gave up four quick runs in the first but settled down to give the Phillies bats a chance to battle back. In never really happend.
The Phillies had their chances. With bases loaded in the seventh, Ryan Howard came in to pinch hit for Myers. Howard couldn’t come through against the Astros lefty. Rollins walked in a run to bring the Phillies within two runs, but Micheal Tucker grounded out to end the rally.
The Phillies had a chance again in the bottom of the 9th when Lofton reached on an infield single. Lofton got moved over by a ground ball off of Shane Victorino’s bat. I questioned allowing Victorino to bat in this clutch situation, but he battled. Lofton scored on a wild pitch and Howard walked. In another move I questioned was using Kata as a pinch runner instead of Endy. I don’t really know anything about Kata’s speed, which may tell you something. Most Phillies fans know the kind of speed Endy has.. thats about all we know about him. JRoll hit a double down the line to right which only moved Kata to third. Would Endy have scored?
And so it goes for the Fightins.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Mungman on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money