Apr 8, 2008, 10:04 PM EST
For the five people who still think the Caps have better fans than our fair Flyers, maybe you should ask Donald Brashear, who stopped just short of calling the DC crowd "fair-weather fans" on the air with Angelo & Co. Tuesday morning. Brashear, who filled the enforcer role for the Flyers for several seasons and now plays for the Capitals, pointed to the fans as the primary difference between playing in Philly and Washington. Donny was characteristically diplomatic in his wording, and he doesn’t seem to bothered by the casual support, but we’re not going to let that stop a little playoff trash talking.
In related news, Brashear has a blog, and he’s started an NHL playoffs challenge with a case prize.
I have a great Flyers memory from a few seasons ago, when I was watching a Flyers game on TV. A Flyer scored a goal, and the entire crowd in the frame behind the net jumped up with hands raised to celebrate. For a moment, I’d forgotten that the game was in Washington.
|MJS on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|baxter097 on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages