Apr 8, 2008, 10:04 PM EDT
For the five people who still think the Caps have better fans than our fair Flyers, maybe you should ask Donald Brashear, who stopped just short of calling the DC crowd "fair-weather fans" on the air with Angelo & Co. Tuesday morning. Brashear, who filled the enforcer role for the Flyers for several seasons and now plays for the Capitals, pointed to the fans as the primary difference between playing in Philly and Washington. Donny was characteristically diplomatic in his wording, and he doesn’t seem to bothered by the casual support, but we’re not going to let that stop a little playoff trash talking.
In related news, Brashear has a blog, and he’s started an NHL playoffs challenge with a case prize.
I have a great Flyers memory from a few seasons ago, when I was watching a Flyers game on TV. A Flyer scored a goal, and the entire crowd in the frame behind the net jumped up with hands raised to celebrate. For a moment, I’d forgotten that the game was in Washington.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return