Jan 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
At first glance, I was going to suggest adding this into the “Dream Team” and “Dynasty” list of the stupid crap Eagles have said about their Super Bowl chances in the recent years.
But at second glance, it only sort of fits there. Otherwise, it’s what you’d expect any athlete to say — they think they can win.
McCoy was on CNBC this week — maybe instructing the audience not to financially plan like DeSean Jackson? — and offered the following, per Eagledelphia:
“The time has come,” McCoy said when prompted by Bloomberg’s Stephanie Ruhle that Eagles fans are frustrated by not having a Lombardi trophy in their possession. “In the next five years, we should get a couple wins.
“We have the talent, we have the coach and the players all have the same goal and same dreams.”
Although their defense was better — really far better — than anyone would have expected, the Eagles are no match on that side of the ball for the two teams playing in the NFC Championship game this weekend.
They certainly have the ability to score. Maybe a few more pieces on defense and they finally win the Super Bowl.
As far as winning “a couple,” like Al Pacino once told Cameron Diaz, “just win one” before you start talking about knowing what it takes to actually do it — especially twice.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money