Jan 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
At first glance, I was going to suggest adding this into the “Dream Team” and “Dynasty” list of the stupid crap Eagles have said about their Super Bowl chances in the recent years.
But at second glance, it only sort of fits there. Otherwise, it’s what you’d expect any athlete to say — they think they can win.
McCoy was on CNBC this week — maybe instructing the audience not to financially plan like DeSean Jackson? — and offered the following, per Eagledelphia:
“The time has come,” McCoy said when prompted by Bloomberg’s Stephanie Ruhle that Eagles fans are frustrated by not having a Lombardi trophy in their possession. “In the next five years, we should get a couple wins.
“We have the talent, we have the coach and the players all have the same goal and same dreams.”
Although their defense was better — really far better — than anyone would have expected, the Eagles are no match on that side of the ball for the two teams playing in the NFC Championship game this weekend.
They certainly have the ability to score. Maybe a few more pieces on defense and they finally win the Super Bowl.
As far as winning “a couple,” like Al Pacino once told Cameron Diaz, “just win one” before you start talking about knowing what it takes to actually do it — especially twice.
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return