Jan 14, 2009, 2:54 PM EDT
Les Bowen captures some of the highlights from yesterday's pressers, including this gem from McNabb.
Asked about getting better as he gets older, McNabb said: "Fine like wine, baby."
"The cop-out at times is, people say, 'he's getting too old,' or
'he's not able to do the things he was able to do back five years ago.
None of us can do the things we did five years ago — not even you
guys," McNabb said.
years ago. The stuff you talk about in the paper just don't make sense.
Some of you are dressing kind of funny. But … really, that's just
something people can just cling on to say, and then everybody goes with
it. Then you have Vinny Testaverde, almost 44 years old, coming in and
winning a game. You have Kurt Warner (who turns 38 in June) being,
really, second in the MVP, putting up almost 5,000 yards. It's really
the position you're in … Thirty-two years old is really not old.
That's really at the prime of your career. Some of you guys sitting
here wish you were 32 — I'll tell you about it, it's fun."
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money