Sep 24, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Our man Kulp wrote a post yesterday titled "Offensive Line Is Just an Excuse," which pointed out that many people are using the offensive line play to justify the change from Kolb to Vick at QB. A few of the commenters ripped into the man for his thoughtful analysis ("Nice analysis of the O-line, Spadaro."), but the Eagles offensive line appears to agree with Kulp.
"I don't know how we're taking heat for the quarterback switch either," center Mike McGlynn said. "Mike [Vick] went in there and look at it, the guy did a lot of good things. How people say, OK we're going to switch the quarterback because of the offensive line, I don't get that."
"I disagree. I don't think it has anything to do with us.”
It would appear that six sacks in each of the first two games speaks for itself. That might not be the case.
"There are a lot of variables [on the sacks]. One was on a screen," McGlynn said. "People just look at it like they gave up six sacks, they're terrible. Watch the film. You guys can critique us then."
Yeah, go watch the tape, will ya?
Also, obviously McGlynn is going to defend the O-line's play, but the point is clear, you can't judge everything on the numbers alone.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money