Jan 2, 2006, 8:40 AM EDT
Got something to say or something you want answered? Send your comments, questions, YouTube links, and observations to our email. We’ll post in in our new mailbag feature.
Q: The Eagles are currently enjoying the least deserved week-long break in
the history of sports, having wrapped up the first half of their season
at 4-4. When we first saw the schedule, we all thought the first half
was cake compared to the second, especially the treacherous NFC East
run in December. What do you think the Birds’ record will be when all
is said and done? Which weeks do you predict will be W’s, and which
will be L’s? Where will they finish in the division, and is there any
chance at the playoffs? ~Matt from Brookhaven
I’d like to preface this by saying I have about as good a chance of predicting the Eagles remaining record as Andy Reid has of giving us a straight answer. Let’s take a look at their remaining schedule:
Washington @ Philly - If the Birds are serious they have to come out and go win-win in the first two before Indy.
Tennessee @ Philly - I’ll give this a W, but Vince Young could give the Eagles defense fits.
Philly @ Indy – Lose. Simple.
Carolina @ Philly – Win. I’ve got tickets to this one so Donovan is going to put on a show on Monday night.
Philly @ Wash – Lose.
Philly @ Giants – Lose.
Philly @ Dallas – Win, just to spite T.O.
Atlanta @ Philly – Lose.
By that breakdown the Birds would be 8-8 and out of the playoffs. I really have no feel for this team any longer. They could come out and go 6-2 and I wouldn’t be too surprised or they could come out and go 2-6 and I wouldn’t be shocked either. Let’s just hope the game on Christmas in Dallas still has some meaning.
How do you people think the Birds will finish up? Are they done? Do you care?
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
|teguhp63 on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|33 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|sfsu on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return