Jun 26, 2005, 8:01 PM EDT
Red Sox fans are a lot like Yankee fans. They will try to disagree, but it is true. While at the games this weekend, I tried to chat up some fans wearing Sox gear. I would start with a where in Boston are you from? and not a single person I asked was from Boston or even anywhere near Boston. One group was from Maryland, another from Vermont, one from Iowa? I will never understand how someone from Maryland is a fan of a team from Boston? I guess I am and always will be a Philly fan; don’t other locations have loyalties? None of these Boston fans seemed to be real baseball people either. The group of girls I chatted up gave the "I like the Sox ’cause Damon is so cute!" Puke.
As far as the baseball games, the Sox simply embarrassed the Phillies. The Frustratin’ Phils were simply no match for the World Champions. The Red Sox lineup is flat out stacked from top to bottom. There are no Mike Lieberthals or David Bells in their line up. The Phillies gave us nothing at all to be excited about this weekend with the sole exception of a mini rally today which fell short.
I don’t even have a whole lot to say after the three pitiful losses to the Sox. Friday night they got owned by the knuckle baller Tim Wakefield and Jon Lieber continued to give up the long ball. Saturday’s game showed the continued struggles of Vincente Padilla and today’s game showed the holes in the pen among other shortcomings.
In other news, I went to today’s game with my Mother and Father as a little Father’s day treat. My Mom claims it was her first Phillies game since Connie Mack Stadium. I found that amazing. In contrast, it was my first Phillies game since.. Friday.
Some pictures from Friday and Sunday’s games after the Jump.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money