May 4, 2005, 9:47 AM EDT
What is the best thing a rookie WR could do in a mini camp? Impress all the coaches and become acclimated to the west coast offense quicker than most? That’s just what Reggie Brown did over the weekend. It is pretty fair to say that expectations Philly fans have on wide receivers which the Eagles have drafted are pretty low. With the exception of Greg Lewis, there hasn’t been much in the past few years besides a mouth and a frohawk.
It has been said over and over that it is almost impossible for a rookie WR to contribute in his first year in the west coast offense, but it seems like rookie Reggie Brown is on a great path. Len Pasquarelli wrote a nice piece for ESPN.com talking about the Eagles’ newest ball catcher.
"Really, outside of the [media], no one up there talked at all about those two guys not being there," said Brown, who was graded by some teams as a low first-round prospect. "But it’s not like you could be totally [oblivious] to the fact they weren’t around. Me, I was really looking forward to meeting T.O. and working with him. I wished he had been there, even though it’s not up to me to get involved with that stuff. But when he wasn’t there, sure, I thought, ‘Hey, this could mean more [playing] time for me.’ I think it gave me a chance to make an impression on the coaches. And I think I made progress every day."
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money