Dec 9, 2008, 2:19 PM EDT
The Eagles return to action on Sunday, and they'll go to battle with two familiar faces. Donovan will be wearing extra protection around his ribs, while Westbrook is expected to be completely uninhibited. It might be fair to say McCoy will start sharing more of the load though.
As for their opponent, the winless Tampa Bay Bucs, Ray Diddy has the word on them after the break.
The Buccaneer team that comes into the Linc on Sunday will look a lot
like the Kansas City team that just left. It is a team that doesn’t do
anything well. The offense is lousy, the defense can’t get off the
field and the special teams aren’t very special. Like the Chiefs, the
Bucs fired their offensive coordinator (Jeff Jagodzinski) the week
before the league opener, a sure sign that things were in disarray.
That just about says it all. If you need a number to break down how awful the Bucs really are, consider this: through four games, they've scored 54 points (12.5 ppg) to their opponents' 107. Unless they slip some Ambien into the Eagles Gatorade supply, Sunday's result figures to be more of the same.
Meanwhile… Kevin Kolb returns to the bench after winning NFC Player of the Week honors for his 327 yard performance against the Chiefs. We consulted the McNabb-O-Meter for some drama, and the answer was surprising:
No change. Kolb was impressive, but against a bad team with no playmakers. We didn't really learn anything that wasn't already revealed the week before, except this time he picked up the W. The meter expects to swing – one way or the other – based on Donovan's play against the Bucs and as the season progresses. Those rib injuries can linger, and we've seen McNabb battle through injuries with some less than stellar outings in the past.
|Sleezy Baby on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|jotaff on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Franchise on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|PurdueAlum or @cjray… on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money