Jan 8, 2010, 4:12 PM EST
There have been a lot of reports to sift through today, but none put a smile on our face like the prospect of keeping the most exciting Flyer in Orange & Black.
Via Ryan Bright at Philabright, we relay this report from Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, who says the Flyers and Giroux are nearing agreement on an extension.
It's little more than a single line in an Ottawa newspaper, but it's news we've been looking to hear since the season began. Exhale that collective sigh of relief. If this report proves correct, we'll be staring at the ice with our jaws dropped for years to come.
In other news, the Flyers are off until Thursday, but are on their way to North Carolina a few days early to get in some team bonding. Head coach Peter Laviolette said they'll likely get some golfing in and added that his Russians are among the worst golfers on the team, which would make sense. Bob's muscle-memory reflexes prevent him from putting the tiny ball between the moving arms of the windmill.
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
|bulldogmomanne on Before This Week, the Most Un-…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return