Jul 29, 2010, 2:37 AM EDT
According to an MLB.com article citing a Houston television station, the Phillies and Astros have a deal in place that would send Roy Oswalt to the Phillies.
The deal was reportedly waiting for Roy's approval. JA Happ, Vance Worley, and now first baseman Jonathan Singleton are the names being tossed around as potential players heading to the Astros.
Adding Oswalt to the Phillies rotation is an instant upgrade, for sure, but his hefty price tag will undoubtedly have him pitching in the shadows of Ruben Amaro Jr.'s Cliff Lee trade.
How about a potential playoff rotation featuring Halladay, Hamels, and Oswalt? Not bad at all.
Early thoughts on the potential deal that may or may not be happening?
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return