Sep 27, 2006, 1:12 PM EST
A new feature here at The 700 Level: card of the week. This week, Rich Kotite:
In The Great Philadelphia Fan Book, Glen Macnow uses the phrase "bumbling idiot" to describe Rich Kotite.
Perhaps the most famous of his screw ups was when he went all Milli Vanilli. From Wiki:
The beginning of the end of the Eagles’ slide happened after a botched
two-point conversion attempt. In a rain-soaked contest at Texas Stadium, the Eagles scored a touchdown with 5:27 left against their division rivals, the Dallas Cowboys, cutting their deficit to 11 at 24-13. Against objections from his staff, Kotite went for a two-point conversion, and Eagles’ quarterback Randall Cunningham
was stopped short of the end zone. Afterwards, Kotite blamed the error
on the weather. "It was raining very heavily at the time," he
explained. "And we looked at the chart and misread the chart." Kotite
had a chart suggesting when an extra point should be kicked and when a
two-pointer should be attempted, but since there was no protective
sheet on top of it, the ink ran in the rain.
If Kotite did nothing else, at least he got to rock some quality old school Birds gear as seen above.
The back of the card after the jump.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return