May 11, 2006, 11:17 AM EDT
And all is right in the world.
Now the statue may be making a comeback. The Fairmount Park Commission has approved moving the statue to a site near the foot of the Art Museum steps. That will also require city Art Commission approval.
But everyone isn’t happy about the move, for instance the Park Commissioner:
"If a film about Donald Duck in Philadelphia comes out," he wondered, "do we put a Donald Duck statue in our park system? Rocky is fine. But other films have relevance, too. Where do we stop?"
Pictures of the new location can be seen here.
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money