Sep 11, 2006, 12:01 AM EDT
I’m not one to believe in curses. I lived in Boston for four years before their World Series victory in 2004, so I’ve heard a couple thousand times about the Curse of the Bambino. I’ve read about the Billy Goat in Chicago. I don’t buy into any of it.
Some of you may be familiar with the Curse of Billy Penn, the pimp on top of the Hall. Some people use this legend as an excuse for their favorite sports teams’ failures. I don’t believe this crap either. But if I did, I’m convinced that somehow, in some strange metaphysical way, the Rocky statue being returned to its original stomping ground will end this curse.
Philadelphia will win a championship, and it will happen soon.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money