Sep 11, 2006, 12:01 AM EDT
I’m not one to believe in curses. I lived in Boston for four years before their World Series victory in 2004, so I’ve heard a couple thousand times about the Curse of the Bambino. I’ve read about the Billy Goat in Chicago. I don’t buy into any of it.
Some of you may be familiar with the Curse of Billy Penn, the pimp on top of the Hall. Some people use this legend as an excuse for their favorite sports teams’ failures. I don’t believe this crap either. But if I did, I’m convinced that somehow, in some strange metaphysical way, the Rocky statue being returned to its original stomping ground will end this curse.
Philadelphia will win a championship, and it will happen soon.
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|ochospantalones on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|That Guy 895 on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|sumkat on As free agency opens, remember…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return