Jul 30, 2009, 8:00 PM EDT
The Phillies are in San Fran this evening trying to shake off last night’s Cliff Lee hangover. They’ll kick of a four game set against the Giants with the first three being late night starts on the right coast before a 4:05er on Sunday. Rodrigo Lopez, who is the likely odd man out despite having not lost yet as a Phillies starter, will take the hill for perhaps his last start. With Lee being added to the mix, most think that J.A. Happ will move to the pen to make room in the rotation. Throw Pedro Martinez into the mix in a week or so and that could leave Lopez without a chair to sit in. But, as every baseball person likes to say, that’s a good problem for the Phillies to have. [video of Carla below]
The Giants will go with Jonathan Sanchez who has struggled on the year with a record of 3-9. He’s faced the Phils five previous times but only once as a starter.
Hopefully the Phillies can bounce back from an uncharacteristically slow night at the plate last night and finish up their west coast swing strong.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, Carla changed her tune (but not her bikini) real quick regarding Roy Halladay. She seems pretty happy Cliff Lee is coming to town.
|Yea your a smacked a… on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|The Evster on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
|teguhp63 on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return