Feb 13, 2005, 3:39 PM EDT
ESPN Insider gives the Sixers a 4 on a scale of 1-5 on their chances of getting Artest:
could be sent to Indiana in a sign-and-trade deal if the Pacers want to
take a chance on his surgically repaired knee, and the Sixers could
combine his salary with that of Kyle Korver ($3.63 million), who would be expendable if Artest came aboard.
Mike Missanelli today on 610 WIP was throwing out the idea of Korver and Steven Hunter for Artest. I would pull the trigger on either of these moves in a second. Korver can shoot, but we all know that is the single thing he is capable of doing. The Sixers need to improve their defense and Artest is one of the best in the game at shutting people down. I like Willie Green, but he is a huge unknown.
Artest wants to go play in his home town of New York and get all cuddly with Larry Brown again so the likelihood of Artest ending up in Philly is pretty small.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money