Feb 19, 2010, 1:58 PM EDT
Doc Halladay sat down with the media today in Clearwater to talk shop and after reading quote after quote from the ace, he seems like the pitching version of Chase Utley. He says all the right things and it comes off sincere. Oh, and he tries to get to work by 5:45 a.m.
On what he is looking forward to most: "Postseason.
For me that's the ultimate. Obviously there's no guarantee, but that's
the driving force for me right now and the biggest reason. It was never
about changing teamamtes, changing environments, changing cities. It
was about wanting to pitch in October. That's what I look forward to
here the most. Like I said there is no guarantees, but based on what
they've done in the past and the guys who are in that clubhouse, I look
forward to having that chance."
Man, this season is going to be fun.
More quotes over at the Zo Zone.
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
|philasopher on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money