Apr 8, 2006, 3:48 PM EDT
35 inches is a lot of wood:
"Look at this," he says. "This thing’s 35 inches, 34½ ounces. But look how small it looks in his hands. We say, ‘Is it really that big? Or is it just that big when we pick it up?’ This thing is like a tree. But it’s like a toy to him."
A nice piece on the future of the Phillies over at ESPN.com. Charlie Manuel says he can be in the same league as Manny, Thome, Lofton, and Puckett
I like Pat Burrell’s response to who would play Howard in a movie:
And they’re the guys you hear other players buzzing about. Which brings us to our final Ryan Howard clubhouse topic: Who would play this guy in the movie?
From Rollins: "Gotta be that guy from ‘The Green Mile’ — Michael Clarke Duncan, because he’s a big, gentle guy."
Finally, from Pat Burrell: "Who would play Ryan Howard? Man, that’s easy. Godzilla."
Howard Finding the Sweet Spot [ESPN]
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money