Sep 1, 2006, 12:39 AM EDT
Ryan Howard passed Mike Schmidt in style last night by hitting an absolute BOMB to center at RFK for his 49th home run of the season. The center fielder never even moved.
As for the rest of the game.. Wow. Rhodes blew a save in the 9th. Fultz blew another save in the 10th but this time the Nats won the game. It was a horrible ending. Lieberthal had trouble with a ball in the dirt and former Phillie Marlon Anderson scored from third.
It’s going to be a long weekend with the double header on Saturday with the Braves. We really could have used a sweep in D.C.
The Padres, who are now a full game up on Philly for the wild card, went out and acquired David Wells from Boston for a minor league player. This move could really help the Padres in their race against the Phils and the rest of the pack.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return