Feb 17, 2009, 6:15 PM EDT
The Sixers return to action tonight after a subpar All-Star break and face a subpar Pacers club in Indiana, a friendly match-up which can ease the streaking club back into the swing of things. Their last game was six days ago when they finished off a season-long seven game homestand at 5-2, so it's been quite awhile since this team has had to hit the road.
They've looked hungry though, playing well enough to boost the club's record three games above .500 for the first time since starting the '06-'07 season at 3-0. If the Sixers continue to experience this recent string of success, they have a very good chance at sneaking into the fourth playoff seed, currently owned by Atlanta who have just 3.5 games over the NBA's hottest team.
Yes, I'm still talking about the Sixers.
The same Sixers who have won 14 of their last 18 games. This team may not be championship caliber, but they are a fun team to watch with a lot of young, talented players and a serious opportunity to carry a home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs, possibly even advance. For all the concerns about a certain power forward, they continue making progress.
Now I'll admit it's difficult to get excited about a game against the Pacers, who they've already beaten twice, but there are only 31 games left, plenty of time to make some serious noise in the Eastern Conference and generate some playoff buzz.
|Mostel on Union have real chance to make…|
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Lol on Andrew MacDonald’s contract pa…|
|RightMeow on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money