Feb 1, 2011, 3:52 PM EDT
Simon Gagne was given a proper ovation when he returned to Philadelphia to play his first game against the Flyers back in October as a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning. While the fan reaction may have been fitting for the former All-Star, Gagne's play at that point in the season wasn't up to snuff as he was battling through injury. The Flyers will take on Gagne's Lightning once again this evening and Simon has healed up nicely and has really found a groove as of late.
CSN's Tim Panaccio is down in Tampa and caught up with the former Flyer who talks at length about the transition from Philly to Florida as well as his improved play.
“It’s better timing [for me] this time than earlier in the season,” Gagne said. “It was hard on me. All the changes, going back to Philly and you’d rather be facing them when you’re in better shape and in game [mode] a little more.
“It’s going to be fun playing them. They’ve played some good hockey. It will be fun to see where we’re at.”
It's good to read Simon is once again playing well with six goals in his last eight games, but hopefully he won't get a chance to hurt the Flyers too much this evening.
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money