Sep 26, 2005, 10:45 AM EST
I watched most of Friday nights game against the Reds, but when they went down 10-6 Birdman and I headed out for a night of boozing. I happened to catch ESPN’s bottom line on a T.V. where we were drinking beers at and saw the Phils some how managed to fight back to a 10-9 score. We had them put the game back on. It wasn’t moments later that David Bell took David Weathers deep.. and the crowd went wild. Phils won 11-10.
Saturday the Phils couldn’t beat up their old mate Eric Milton, not even a single HR off of him. The heroics with which they seem to be so used to as of late were nowhere to be found on Saturday.
The Phils won Sunday, despite most of Philly forgetting to watch. JRoll stretched his streak to 30 games with a lead off HR while Chase Utley hit an elusive inside the parker.
So with six games left, the Phils are one back of the Astros in the wildcard hunt. Philly plays their final games of the year at CBP on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday against the Mets. Then they finish up the season with a weekend series in D.C. The Astros play two in St. Louis followed by four against the Cubbies in Houston.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return