Jan 25, 2006, 8:25 AM EDT
Sixer All Star Lee Nailon was arrested yesterday for apparently beating his wife:
"It has come to our attention that Lee Nailon has been arrested today
by Lower Merion police on allegations of a domestic incident," Sixers
president and general manager Billy King said in a statement released
before last night’s game. "We have no further details. Until we are
able to learn all the facts, it would be inappropriate for us to
The radio this morning was reporting that Nailon hit his wife in the face. She then locked herself in the bathroom and called the police. When police showed up to Nailon’s home, he claimed that his wife was not home. Um, yo Lee, your wife called the cops from the bathroom; you must have the brains to go along with your basketball skills.
Nailon has seen action in 22 games this season and is averaging 4.2 points per outing for the Sixers.
From a Daily News article today, apparently being in jail didn’t stop Nailon from making an appearance at the game last night:
Here’s one way things were different last night: The Sixers issued a
brief statement concerning Lee Nailon, who was charged yesterday in
Lower Merion with simple assault and harassment and was in custody
pending a hearing this morning. Nailon was listed as inactive for the
game, but at halftime was shown on a taped message on the arena screens
welcoming the crowd.
The Sixers ended up beating Sacramento 109-103.
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return