Apr 4, 2005, 9:33 AM EDT
Started out yesterday at The Fours which was voted the #1 Sports Bar in America by Sports Illustrated in a recent ranking. They had some great paraphernalia on the walls but as far as sports bars go the setup wasn’t overly impressive.
After a few pints we headed over to the game. Unfortunately we missed Governor Ed Rendell and his wife Midge holding up their portion of a lost Superbowl wager with Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, singing the star spangled banner. Rendell and Romney were both wearing Patriots jerseys; there was some confusion as to which players jersey Rendell was wearing.. Boston Councilmen James Burns suggested Rendell was wearing the jersey of Randall Gay. You can see Rendell in this shot I took.
My seats for the game were great, basically center court about 15 rows up, courtesy of my lovely girlfriend. The Sixers came out absolutely on fire leading by as many as 26 in the first quarter. There were plenty of the Iggy Oops in this one. ESPN Motion has a video clip of one of the oops as well as a short clip of Eddie Rendell trying to sing.. pretty sure I didn’t miss much. The Sixers got real sloppy in the second and third quarters which allowed the Celtics to fight back to within a bucket, but Iverson’s 38 points held them off.
Post game beverages were taken in at the oddly shaped Paddy Burke’s. Dr. McGillicuddy joined us for a few rounds and some truly pathetic pool playing. The festivities continued on in Beacon Hill to watch the Sox/Yanks season opener. The wings were about the only thing that was hot in Boston on Sunday cause the Celts and the Sox definitely weren’t on fire.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return