Mar 10, 2006, 3:30 AM EDT
They were up 15 points in the second half and ended up losing.. again. The Sixers had the ball down a bucket and Allen Iverson drove to the lane and got rejected but the Sixers kept the ball. The Sixers still had a chance to tie or win the game with about 12 seconds left. The final shot the Sixers got off was an attempted drive to the hoop by Kyle Korver. The three point specialist who can do nothing right but shoot three pointers took the final shot of the game and got rejected. Sixers Lose. I’m beginning to wonder if we should start rooting against them in hopes of getting a few lottery balls. The problem with that theory is that the East is so pathetic the Sixers will still probably make the playoffs.
Some of you may have been wondering what this picture last week of center court at the Wachovia Center was about. I got a chance to play in the Junior Achievement of the Delaware Valley’s Battle on Broad Street Shoot Out Tournament. It was for a great cause and all of the teams that participated got to stay the evening for the Sixers v. Wizards game in catered club boxes. There were 48 teams of four players. My team put in a solid showing, but came up just a bit short, finishing in 5th place.
There was a raffle at the event and I happened to win! What did I win you ask? Somewhat ironically, I won a Kyle Korver autographed basketball. Awesome! I tried to trade it with some middle aged lady who won a signed Iguodola jersey. "Kyle Korver looks like Ashton Kutcher!" I told her to no avail. I think she thought I was trying to punk her. She had no idea who Iguodola was and when I asked her how to pronounce his name she laughed at me. Oh well.
-Sixers Fall to Denver [Yahoo]
-2nd Annual Battle on Broad Street [Junior Achievement of Delaware Valley]
-Sixers v. Wizards [The700Level]
-Kyle Korver Sucks [The700Level]
-Don’t Trade Allen Iverson, Ever [The700Level]
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|bruiserbrigade on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money