Feb 4, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
Arnett Moultrie hasn’t played for the Philadelphia 76ers since last season. Offseason ankle surgery forced the 6’11” power forward to miss training camp, and he has yet to suit up in a game for the Sixers since returning to practice on December 31.
Conditioning undoubtedly had a lot to do with Moultrie not stepping right back into a role on the team, but over a month later, the 2012 first-round picks says his ankle is fine and he’s in basketball shape. What the big 23-year-old will not tell reporters is why head coach Brett Brown has yet to put him in the lineup.
Whatever the reason though, Moultrie is not happy. He spoke out about his lack of playing time to Christopher A. Vito for the Delaware County Times.
“It’s not my ankle. It’s not my conditioning,” Moultrie said. “But at this point, I really don’t care. I’m just sick of all the excuses. If it ain’t one thing, it’s another thing.
“It’s just (baloney).”
When pressed for the specific reason he’s been given for why he’s yet to play, Moultrie declined.
“I’d rather not say,” he said.
This is not the first time there have been questions about Moultrie’s playing time. During his rookie season, he was used sporadically by Doug Collins, some nights just a few minutes here or there, others upwards of 20. Finally, by the last few games of the season, Moultrie was playing over 20 minutes every night.
Moultrie averaged 3.7 points and 3.1 rebounds in 11.5 minutes per game in 2012-13. He was acquired in a draft day trade with the Miami Heat for Justin Hamilton and a first-round pick.
Whatever Brown’s reason for not dressing Moultrie now, he’s not saying and apparently nobody else is, either. CSN Philly insider Dei Lynam described Moultrie’s comeback as a “mystery” on Tuesday.
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mostel on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return