Jan 11, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
Lost in the Eagles hoopla on Sunday was the awful meltdown by the Sixers on Saturday night in Detroit. In case you missed it, the Sixers held a three point lead as Lou Williams walked to the free throw line to shoot two with six seconds left in the game. LouWill missed both freebies before Austin Daye hit a huge three at the other end to send the game into overtime where the Pistons outmatched the Sixers for the victory. About as disheartening a loss as we've seen from this bunch, and that's saying something.
They're back at it tonight at the Wells Fargo Center against the Pacers. Expect a lighter showing than usual in South Philly as that pesky snow thing is falling from the sky.
No joke about that snow. Philly will declare an official snow emergency starting at 9:00 pm tonight, but after that Eagles-Vikings debacle, there's no chance Philly will wuss out of this one. Also, there's a big difference getting 70,000 drunk Eagles fans home safely in the snow and three or four thousand Sixers fans home safely tonight.
As for the Sixers line up? Look for Andre Iguodala to return this evening after missing the last handful of games battling tendinitis.
Tip tonight scheduled for 7:00 pm.
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money