Feb 12, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
The Sixers, who have been off since suffering a last second loss to the Celtics on Thursday, return to the court this afternoon to face David Stern's New Orleans Hornets. The Hornets, who started the season 11-1, have struggled over the last few weeks dropping 7 of their last 10.
Meanwhile, despite losing the heartbreaker to Boston things have been looking up for Sixers fans. They're 4-2 over their last six games. Doug Collins seems to have settled on a rotation, which based on minutes played does not include a whole lot of Evan Turner.
In looking at the minutes played over the recent six game stretch Turner's minutes tell you all you need to know about where he currently stands in Collins' rotation. He's played 23, 19, 19, 11, 15, and 6 minutes during that span.
On the flip-side, Jodie Meeks aka Jodie M33ks has seen both his minutes and production skyrocket. Meeks has played 12, 14, 19, 36, 30, and 40 minutes over that same stretch. In his last three games, during which he's played 30 minutes or more, Meeks has put up 26, 16, and 19 points.
It's become abundantly clear that Turner is uncomfortable playing off the ball. This does not come as a great surprise considering the ball was in his hands so much at Ohio State. Further exacerbating the problem is the fact that Andre Iguodala has the ball in his hands so much. In a perfect world those ball handling responsibilities would be Turner's.
At a certain point the Sixers brain trust (and in light of recent performance I use that term lightly) is going to have to make a decision as it relates to trading Iguodala. Turner needs to play. If Iguodala and Turner cannot coexist then they need to jettison one of them. In light of Iguodala's contract, and readiness to help a contending team, he's the obvious candidate to go.
Regardless, the Jrue Holiday Chris Paul match-up should be fun to watch. The young Sixers PG had Rajon Rondo on Thursday and now Paul today. These experiences can only help his development.
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return