Sep 23, 2009, 2:16 PM EDT
We all pretty much know what the Sixers new unis will look like, a throwback to the glory years of classicly sewn simplicity, but I've still been looking forward to seeing them officially unveiled today. I'm a nerd for uniform updates, new goalie masks, hell, even the little patches teams wear for a variety of reasons. So of course, when I saw their tweet about a video with Betsy Ross putting the finishing touches on the jersey, I had to take a look. From what we can see in the video (which I couldn't get to embed for the life of me), the jerseys look good and all, but uh, am I the only one who thinks Betsy Ross is kinda hot? Apparently my history teachers left out a few details when we got to the "First Flag" chapter. Anyway, here's a look at the new unis, which were just unveiled down at the Wachovia Center…
Via @Sixers. More pics coming and a shot of the Reds after the jump, from correspondent Enrico on the scene.
Here's a few with Elton and Thad. Thad says the new jerseys are about tradition, which we can only hope is true once they hit the court. These bad boys remind me of some tough, physical teams from my childhood.
Here's Thad saying, "All the 21 [jerseys] gotta be gone by the end of the day."
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money